Friday, January 9, 2015

Five for Friday

It has been a fantastic, restful week for this teacher! We only had school on Monday and Wednesday due to either extreme cold or snow, so let's jump right into Five for Friday from Doodle Bugs Teaching.


Snow! It has been very chilly here in Ohio. After growing up in the snow belt, I thought I could handle anything. This week sure gave me a run for my money with temperatures reaching almost -30!

 I am loving my new interactive whiteboard in my classroom. Thanks to IPEVO and their wishpool for making this happen. My students have never had access to something like this before!

 I'm also excited to see my Ohio Bobcats play a local college in basketball tomorrow. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about what a great experience the real Ohio gave me.

Look at how beautiful it is!



I'm using my January Print and Go resources in my class this month. One of the things I like most about it is that each activity is directly linked to a standard. It helps keep me accountable and focused! Grab a sample for free HERE!

My number five is a whole hodge podge of things. First, I'm working on my instructional cycle for my states' licensing program which is proving to be quite time consuming. I've been in a very creative mood lately, and there is something about a 7-page lesson plan template that just sucks the creativity right out of you.

Next, I'm really working hard to get quality books into the hands of my students. Our school doesn't have a library, so there is no such thing as library time. I have two five shelf bookshelves in my classroom, but they aren't too student friendly. I'd love to have a bookstand in my classroom where kids can self-select their own books. Sadly, all the ones I have seen are too expensive for me to purchase on my own, so I am hoping my DonorsChoose project comes through for me. I'd love if you could share the link.



Have a great weekend! I hope it's restful and productive!

No comments :

Post a Comment