Sunday, June 16, 2013

Hello!

It's something that has been on my to-do list for a while. If you're anything like me, you have a lot of to-do lists! This is my first adventure into the teacher blog world, and I have to say I'm pretty excited. I've been following some blogs for quite a while now, and I figured I would try my hand at my own. First, I'm a 7th grade teacher in rural North Carolina with a passion for creating and teaching. I've known for a very long time that I've wanted to be a teacher, and I'm excited to really have my "dream job." 

Although I work with "big bad middle schoolers" I fell in love with the Calkins' method of reader's and writer's workshops during student teaching and have been slowly trying to adapt it for the middle school classroom. My kids love being read aloud to more than anything, and I think there is always a lesson to learn from a good picture book. Nonetheless, I teach four 1-hour blocks, meaning there is no time to waste with transitions which leads into my next passion: organization. There is nothing that can make me feel better at the end of a long day that an organized classroom, apartment, planner...you get the idea. I'm always searching for ways to organize everything, and sometimes everyone, around me.

I'm hoping I picked the right time to begin blogging. With school out for summer, I'm going to begin concentrating on creating and designing new products for my classroom. I'm also working at a summer program for kindergarteners. Definitely pulling me out of my comfort zone! 


Happy Summer Vacation!


No comments :

Post a Comment