Friday, June 28, 2013

Five for Friday & Blog Lovin'

I'm happy to be joining my very first Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching before she takes a (deserved) month-long hiatus from the linky party. At least I'm getting my feet wet!

 
 
1.  This week as been a week of recovery. Does it ever feel like you need to go on vacation, right after you return? That's how I certainly felt! I was blessed to recently visit the Bahamas (it was my first trip out of the country, but they didn't stamp my passport! How disappointing!) When we returned earlier this week, all I wanted to do is lay on the couch and get my "land legs back!" I didn't even feel motivated to work on creating and designing things for my classroom...which is a rarity for me!

2. Even though I haven't been blogging, I couldn't help but notice the awesome giveaway that Ashley Hughes is having over at The School Supply Addict. Even the I am a middle grades teacher, I can't help but be inspired by here work. I loved her Lemonade Stand Contractions activity that she posted earlier this week!

 Graphic by Ashley Hughes

3. Since I'm at a school district that only does 10-month pay for non-tenured employees, I have been fortunate enough to find summer work! It is definitely taking me out of my comfort zone however. This summer, I will be a TA for a kindergarten/first class consisting of migrant students. I'll definitely be checking out some of the fabulous K/1 blogs out there!

4. Since I've been on vacation, I missed out on hanging out with one of my best friends and truly an inspiring teacher at my school! We got to catch up over a (not so good) lunch, but hey, it's the company that matters!

5. Like many of you, I'm rapidly becoming obsessed with chevron. I want chevron everything for my classroom! I went with a color scheme (aqua, pale yellow, and black) for my classroom and will be slightly revamping it for this year. I made a trip to Hobby Lobby this week and it just fueled my obsession. I went looking for one thing, but had to be this spool of ribbon. I'm thinking about making a small wreath for my classroom door, since we aren't allowed to cover them anymore.

Image Courtesy of Hobby Lobby



Last, but not least, I think I'm ready to go and join my fellow teacher bloggers on Blog Lovin'!
 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




1 comment :

  1. Love it!! Especially that ribbon....next trip will be fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete